Friday, April 24, 2009

Conference

This past weekend my husband and I were at a conference. The conference had some wonderful speakers in regards to all sorts of subjects. The one subject that caught my attention was making many meals and then freezing them for a later date. I ended up purchasing the book they were promoting, because this idea helps me take my saving money to a new adventure. They discussed how you would spend one whole day cooking for about 30 meals. So I tried a smaller version of this other day I ended up making 7 meals in about one hour. The same time as it took me to make one. I wanted sloppy joes for supper so what I did was instead off cooking one pound of hamburger I cooked 7 pounds. Then I split them up into different options. I made a hamburger helper, spaghetti type meal, etc. I got the recipes online and tried them out. My family has been so happy to have meals everyday! Once these are cooked all I have to do is unthaw them and warm them up! Its great!

The name of this is 30 day gourmet! I love it! Check it out ladies and tell me what you think!

0 comments: