Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Way to Save (Recycle)

This last month our city just began recycling. At first I seemed a little frustrated trying to figure out what goes in what bin, now I am realizing I do not have to buy trashbags for anything that is recycled. My trashcan this week only had one bag in it. Typically it is full!!! So had I known that recycling saves not only the resources on our planet and now our pocketbook, I might have gotten on board a little sooner. Going green is important, I was just lazy in taking all these products to a local recycling center. Maybe this is a way you can save too. Also I know certain locations pay you to take pop cans, etc. So check around your local area and see how much money you can SAVE!

My next adventure is going to be checking out a compound bin for all our food. I have also heard this is great. I will let you know what I find out this spring, when I do more research for our garden. Stay tuned for how to save by planting your own garden!

0 comments: